Let’s Get Walking
January 9th, 2016—Dartmouth— Sole Sister’s Women’s Race Series 2016 — Today Tara MacDonald Fit Club, Inc. announced immediate sponsorship of the Sole Sisters Race Series to support a community of walkers and runners across Atlantic Canada.
“Let’s Get Walking,” said Tara MacDonald, President at Tara MacDonald Fit Club, Inc.
Founded in 2014, Tara MacDonald Fit Club, Inc. has a successful history of working with plus sized individuals as well as the general public offering personal training, nutrition support, group fitness classes and CPPC coaching on health and wellness. Tara also finished in the Sole Sisters Race 5KM in June 2015 and is a Nordic Pole Walking Instructor as well as Walk Leader Instructor from Leslie Sansone’s Walk At Home Program.
January shows a strong month in health and fitness as Canadians reposition their goals for a healthier lifestyle.
Nordic Pole Walking Nova Scotia points out the Benefits of Nordic Pole Walking as:
- Burns up to 46% more calories than exercise walking without poles or moderate jogging. 25-30% on average. (Cooper Institute, 2004, Dallas and others).
- Increases heart and cardiovascular training to 25% ( Foley 1994;Jordan 2001, Morss et al. 2001; Pocari et.al.1997 and others).
- Incorporates 90% of all body muscles in one exercise and increases endurance of arm muscles (Triceps) and neck- and shoulder muscles ( Latissimus) to 38% (Karawan et al. 992 and others).
- Diabetes Type 2: Improves diabetes metabolism, reduces insulin resistance and reduces medication drastically within three months. (M.Nischwitz et.al. 2006)
- High Blood Pressure: Reduces High Blood Pressure by 18mmHg within eight weeks. (Ishikawa et.al. 1999; C.Diehm, 2007)
Knowing this to be relevant to her clientele, Tara MacDonald partnered with Race Director Stacy Chesnutt to encourage Atlantic Canadians in the Sole Sisters Women’s Race Series for 2016. “In January, we have a private exercise class for all Sole Sisters at our studio taught by NIA Technique Instructor Margaret MacDonald. We’re also offering free training for the Sole Sisters 5KM in June 2016 at our studio starting in April for both Nordic Pole Walkers and regular walkers.”
For more information, press only:
Tara MacDonald Fit Club, Inc.
902 407 7502
For more information on Sole Sisters Women’s Race Series:
902 209 4303